Tuesday 1 November 2011

Tuesday Tunes & Update


Hope you had a great Halloween. The only people I saw dressed up were the cashiers at my local Coles. No trick or treaters this year.

I finished off a short story and sent it off, so fingers crossed on that. It was different for me - a detective paranormal story, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It shows you why I don't plot. I had a case for the P.I. and it ended being something else all together, including who her hero was. Maybe I can use the previous idea in another story. I really liked these characters and would like to explore them some more. Maybe in a novella. Who knows.

HD prologue has been redone and I'm happier with it. Though as a writer (and fellow writers will acknowledge this), I had the attack of the not-good-enoughs. One reason is that I'm growing as a writer and a draft I would have thought was good a few years back, is not the same draft I would think today. So my expectations of my writing is getting higher as well. Which is a good thing.

Since it's the first of the month, I'll let you know my writing goals:

  • Read over Shadow Tale and make notes for a second draft.
  • Ideas for Warder 2
  • HD - chapters 1 to 5
  • Decide on which next novel to concentrate on, and make a start.
  • Short story for anthology due next year
That should do it. Wish me luck!

Now for today's tune...

I loved ABBA growing up. Their songs are bobby and fun.

So today, I bring you Money, Money, Money.

I dare you not to sing along *wink*



~yia~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...