Tuesday 14 February 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Giorgos Dalaras


Okay, this is the second time I've had Giorgos, but the man is a legend in the Greek music industry. Also, he follows nicely from last week and Jeff Healey. How so?

I've seen Giorgos live and he has one of the best voices I've heard. He has a gorgeous timbre to his voice that blows you away.

What I admire about Dalaras is that he is a huge collaborator and as a musician who stretches his wings. He doesn't stick to one style of Greek music as you will see from the below clips.




Youtube link




Youtube link


This one is a fun one called Me Lene Popi - bascially 'My Name is Popi  (Popi comes from Kalliope).
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the original film clip. Listen to his vocals. Amazing.



Youtube link


Have fun.

~yia~



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...