Tuesday 7 February 2012

Tuesday Tunes: The Jeff Healey Band


The first ever concert I went to see was Jeff Healey and his band. And what a fabulous show it had been. Such a talent and I just found out he passed away in 2008 from a fight with cancer. Very sad. RIP Jeff.

Here is Jeff blues-ing it out with See the Light



Youtube link

What a guitar riff.

Angel Eyes



Youtube link


And here's a link to a great guitar duet with Stevie Ray Vaughn, another rock blues legend. Unfortunately, I can't embed this one but it's great to see them jam together.

~yia~

2 comments:

Shayne said...

Both dead.

Many of my favourite musicians/artists have moved on (so to speak). It's unfair. Today I was listening to the great Bon Scott belting out Sin City on my iPod.

Who could replace him? I reckon had he lived he'd have been as (in)famous as Keith Richards.

A huge loss to the world.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Shayne,

Yes, it's always a loss to the world, isn't it, Shayne. At least their music lives on forever. But so many musos die young - others include Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley.

Keith Richards is a phenomenon because he's still rocking after all that partying. :) Though I don't think he can remember it.

And Bon Scott was a legend indeed. May they all rest in rock heaven!

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...