Sunday 27 May 2012

Super Sunday: Musa Publishing Blog Hop - Memorial Day


This week, I'm doing something a little different. I'm participating in the Musa Publishing Memorial Day Blog Hop.






Okay, so I'm in Australia and we don't have Memorial Day, but we do have Remembrance Day (November 11), and ANZAC Day (April 25). I try and do an Anzac Day post every year. Click here to read this year's post.

ANZAC - stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps which fought together at Gallipoli, Turkey in WWI. April 25 marks the anniversary of the first military action fought by our troops in WWI and the subsequent long and bloody campaign.

I believe no matter what you think of wars and conflicts that have happened and that continue to happen, we need to support the troops. The people who put their lives on the front line to keep their country safe. 

I think the Lest We Forget is just that - we shouldn't forget those who have fought and died, those who continue to fight. Hopefully that will mean no war one day - a Star Trek view of the future where the Earth has learned to live together in harmony.

It's why I love speculative fiction and why I love Star Trek in particular. It is not a bleak view of the future but shows that humanity can band together and to give hope. Thanks for that outlook, Gene Rodenberry. 

To honour the troops, I'm doing a little contest giveaway - a $10 gift voucher from Musa Publishing (since my stories aren't released yet) AND a title of your choice from Musa Publishing courtesy of Dominque Eastwick from Musa Publishing (thanks, Dom!)


To be in the running, make a comment on this blog post AND
do ONE of the following: 

Check out my fellow Musans below for their blog hop posts:



Check out the Musa Publishing website for some fantastic stories, and the Musa blog for some great posts.



Live long and prosper everyone!

Have a great week!

~yia~





11 comments:

Denise Z said...

Thank you so much for sharing your traditions based on this thought provoking holiday. I am so grateful for books and the freedom to read what I want written by an author I want to read. I wish you every success on your upcoming release. I have signed up to follow and am looking forward to peaking in on your journey :)
dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com

Cordelia Dinsmore said...

Great blog post and wonderful thoughts. I'm also a huge Star Trek fan, and always wanted to be on that ship. Already following and liking you wherever I can. Good luck with your upcoming release.

Catherine Lee said...

Peace and long life to you! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the reason for this weekend.

Twitter follower: @capefearlibn

catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the look at another country's salute to its armed forces.

following on Twitter as Kings_falcon

Unknown said...

Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
elizabeth @ bookattict . com
Facebook: Elizabeth Kotkiewicz Hyatt
Google+: Book Attict

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thank you to everyone for commenting. I'm thigh deep in study ATM, so excuse the brevity of reply.

Ann Montclair said...

Best of luck with your writing. :)

Devin Hodgins said...

I thought I had already joined to follow this blog. I am happy to do it again. I really do like your facebook author page, too. Good luck and thanks.

Unknown said...

I'm following the blog now. I've already Facebook liked and Twitter followed, and I'm scared to join Google Plus!! Thanks for the great giveaway.

Ted said...

Nice post! And I love the bear....

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks again everyone for dropping in. I'll be announcing the winner soon in another post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...